Musique Non Talent reports that the Behringer UMA25S midi keyboard works with Garageband via the Camera Connection Kit. Pitch and mod wheel also work, as well as the sustain and expression pedals, though apparently there are some issues with Garageband’s arpeggiator when using an external Midi keyboard.
So, it seems that it might be time to throw down for that Camera Connection Kit and a cheapo class-compliant midi interface.
There was an interesting post yesterday on Create Digital Music about whether or not Apple‘s offering Garageband for $5 is going to hurt small developers. Apple has upped the ante and one would assume this might tend to drive prices on other types of apps down – if you can suddenly get a whole DAW for $5, all the $10 synth apps out there aren’t going to look like much of a deal – and if I were IK Multimedia I’d be worried since Garageband does guitar amps and more for 1/4 the price of Amplitube.
Surely by now you’ve heard all about the iPad 2 announcement and the Garage Band app, so no need to cover that. Yesterday evening while writing my first post I received an email from Apogee with a product announcement – a new high quality interface for guitar – talk about great timing.
- Donut, 2D Looper from the Strange Agency, hits the App Store
- Epic Synth recreates the Juno 106 on your iPad
- Episode 4 of the Touch Sound Podcast is out!
- New Retronyms App – First Audio Demo
- IK Multimedia teasing new iOS-related hardware
- New 2D looping app coming from the Strange Agency
- Digitech iPB-10 Demo Video: Hear it in Action
- Been away….what’d I miss?
- If you haven’t already bought the Horizon synth…
- Little Midi Machine + Prophet = Inspiration!
- The perfect setup?
- Alesis iO Dock Unboxing Video
- Alesis Launches iO Dock, Offers Adaptors for iPad 2 Users
- Touch Sound Podcast: Episode 2 Available Now
- Episode 2 of the Touch Sound Podcast is coming soon